Kiteris attended the annual Project Management Institute (PMI) conference, held on 20th November in the Farga event centre in Hospitalet in Barcelona.
Our Managing Partner, Manuel J. Peña, represented Kiteris in the plenary session where he discussed how a PMO is helping to mature and professionalise IT Project Management in a multinational company. The talk was given alongside Manuel Oneto, PMO IT Manager at Fluidra.
The Project Management Institute was created in 1969 and is a not-for-profit organisation dedicated to advancing Project Management. PMI is represented in over 185 countries by more than 270,000 Members worldwide.
Kiteris discussed how a PMO is helping to mature and professionalise IT Project Management in a multinational company
PMI aims to:
– Develop and promote the Profession of Project Manager.
– Foster professionalism in Project Management.
– Become a leading forum for the free exchange of ideas on Project Management and solutions for their practical application in all sectors.
– Establish and disseminate the foundations of Project Management, as well as develop a knowledge centre and an experience centre for successful project management.
– Partner with universities and other training institutions to support learning tailored to Project Management.
– Promote connections with other organisations linked to Project Management, Businesses, and Organisations, both in the public and private sphere nationally and internationally, to develop partnerships in areas of common interest.